Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Tasting- Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Chardonnay


Name: Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2005
Price: $14.50
Wine Critic Review: This Chardonnay's vibrant fruit, floral, and spice flavors make it an elegant match for roasted chicken, grilled fish, fresh salads, and creamy cheeses.  This wine offers fresh citrus, apple, and ripe tropical fruit character, with hints of orange blossom and spice.
My Review:  I did not enjoy this wine.  I think it had aged too long and was beginning to become spoiled.  It was a very dark gold in color and almost bitterly acidic in taste.  It was a very tart wine that tasted like lemon to me.  I drank this wine with a tomato-pasta dish, and the food did nothing to improve the flavor.  I would not recommend drinking this wine as an older wine, I am sure it is much better consumed young.

No comments:

Post a Comment