Friday, April 18, 2014

Tasting- Altas Cumbres Cabernet Sauvignon


Name: Altas Cumbres Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2010
Price: $6.95
Wine Critic Review: Intense red color with violet highlights, with clean, fresh, and complex aromas of berries, plums, figs, and pepper.  Strong personality is in perfect balance with a medium body and pleasant tannins.  Ideal for: red meats, cheeses, and strong sauces.
My Review: This red wine had a very strong nose.  I could get notes of dark plum, old leather, and was bitey at the first taste.  It was drier and spicer with stronger pepper flavor.  I could also taste some fig and sour blackberries.  It was very dry and acidic and I would have liked it better if it was paired with food. I did not eat any food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment