Friday, April 25, 2014

Tasting- Librandi Ciro Rosso Classico


Name: Librandi Ciro Rosso Classico
Variety: Gaglioppo
Reigon: Calabria
Country: Italy
Year: 2009
Price: $7.95 (on sale)
Wine Critic Review: Don't let the pale garnet color fool you: this is a substantial wine.  Aromas of red fruits and spice complement undertones of cranberries, wild berries, and plums.  On the palate, ripe tannins and good body make for an incredibly rich, yet easygoing red wine.  Pair this wine with sausage, spicy curry sauces, hot soppressata, and tandoori chicken.
My Review: This wine had a surprisingly pale color for a red wine.  It had a very sharp nose that allowed me to detect hints of tart berry.  The first taste was very sweet and I could taste hints of raspberry and strawberry.  The fruit flavors were not overwhelming, which was very enjoyable.  This wine was very pleasant on its own being very tart but not very tannic.  I did not eat any food with this wine.  I really enjoyed this wine and I look forward to purchasing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment