Friday, April 11, 2014

Tasting- Avery Quinn Chardonnay


Name- Avery Quinn Chardonnay
Variety- Chardonnay
Region- Napa, CA
Country- USA
Year- 2011
Price- $6.95 (on sale)
Wine Critic Review- The 2011 vintage marks a return to form for this gray value Chardonnay.  The aromas feature creamy, mellow, golden apply, pineapple, fresh butter, and a touch of vanilla.  Then rich, ripe  flavors of yellow pear, pineapple, fresh apple, cream, and buttered toast swell up and fill your mouth before a juicy, apply and caramel inflected finish make your mouth water.
My Review- I absolutely loved this wine.  This is the best Chardonnay I have had to date.  It had a sweet nose with hints of lime, apple, and peach.  It was a very  smooth and creamy wine that was light and tasted strongly of vanilla and had hints of light fruit.  I did not pick up on the pineapple mentioned in the wine critic review.  I bought this wine at the tasting and will be looking for it again!  I did not eat any food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment