Friday, April 11, 2014

Tasting- Toso Moscato


Name: Toso Moscato
Variety: Moscato
Region:  Piedmont
Country: Italy
Year: no vintage year given
Price: $9.95
Wine Critic Review: This Moscato is reminiscent of honeysuckle and rose petal.  The quality is equivalent to a top level Asti Spumante DOCG.  Sweet sparking wine obtained from a careful selection of the MOscato grapes.  It has a pale straw yellow color with fine foam and bubbles.  Tropical fruit flavors, refreshing.  Excellent to match desserts, fruit, and dried pastries.
My Review: I could not get a lot from the nose except for a little bit of strawberry.  This wine is very light and sweet, more crisp and not overwhelming.  I could taste white grape and hints of vanilla.  I did not pick up on the tropical fruit flavors as much.  I did not eat any food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment