Friday, April 25, 2014

Tasting- Angove Viognier


Name: Angove Nine Vines Viognier
Variety: Viognier
Region: South Australia
Country: Australia
Year: 2009
Price: $5.95 (on sale)
Wine Critic Review: Birght light straw in color with some green hues, this wine has a lush ripe tropical fruit aroma.  This is a fuller bodied white which fills the mouth with heady flavors of apricot, peach, and citrus.  Angove Nine Vines Viognier is perfect for today's relaxed life-style and is the ideal accompaniment to grilled prawns with chili and garlic or roast pork.
My Review: I could not detect many aromas from this wine on the nose, just some vague acidity.  This wine had more subtle flavors, and I could not pick up many strong fruit flavors at all.  It was a drier wine and a little tart.  As I continued to drink the wine it became surprisingly sweeter and I could taste a little citrus, especially lemon peel.  I did not eat any food with this wine, but I might buy it again because I think it could be a good accompaniment to the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment