Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Tasting- Sunset Hill Cabernet Franc


Name- Sunset Hills Cabernet Franc
Variety- Cabernet Franc
Region- Shenadoah AVA, Virginia
Country- USA
Year- 2012
Price- $19.99
Wine Critic Review- The Sunset Hills Vineyard Cabernet Franc bursts with aromas of violets, cassis, raspberries, and pepper.  A lush, spicy wine, this bottle pairs well with ham, pork, veal, or pizza. A bold Cabernet Franc with aromatics of plum, baking spice, cherry, and cedar.  A round, lush mid palate and good length.  Sturdy tannin.

My review-  This was a really strong wine.  It was really hot and spicy and a lot to handle at the first taste.  I could taste a lot of dark berries, especially raspberry and blackberry. I was not crazy about this wine at first, but it grew on me as I drank it more.  I did not eat this wine with any food. I would not recommend this wine to beginning wine drinkers, but I enjoyed it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment