Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Tasting- Zaca Mesa Viognier

Name: Zaca Mesa Viognier
Variety: Viognier
Region: Santa Ynez Valley, CA
Country: USA
Year: 2009
Price: $22.99
Wine Critic Review: This wine has developed a rich mouthfeel from three months of aging in neutral French oak barrels.  It has a bright citrus blossom and honeysuckle aromas and flavors followed by lush white peach, lychee flavors and a long, crisp finish. This wine pairs well with grilled trout and Asian or spicy cuisine.
My Review: This is a really rich and full bodied wine.  It tastes like lemon and peach.  It also has hints of lime and ripe apple.  I did not like this wine when I first tasted it but I liked it the more that I drank it. I drank this wine with a pasta and cheese sauce dish.  It was a great complement to the meal.  I really enjoyed this wine and would recommend this vintage to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment