Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Tasting- Chateau Saint-Sulpice Red Bordeaux Wine


Name- Chateau Saint-Sulpice Red Bordeaux Wine
Variety- Blended wine (70% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Cabernet Franc)
Region- Bordeaux
Country- France
Year- 2010
Price- $14.99
Wine Critic Review- This wine is typically fragrant, soft, and well balanced.  Nose of pepper, charred wood and green pepper.  Initial taste is very light plum and green pepper.  Fruit fades quickly leaving only light greenness and tannins.  Finish lingers lightly but becomes bitter.

My review- I enjoyed this wine a lot.  It was a very dry wine and tasted a lot like dark fruit and blackberries. I could not taste the green pepper the wine critic review mentioned.   At first it was slightly bitter, but when I had this wine with a beef dish it opened up more and tasted better.  This wine was pretty good, and for its price I will probably buy it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment