Monday, March 17, 2014

Tasting- Fabbioli Cellars Cabernet Franc


Name: Fabbioli Cellars Cabernet Franc
Variety: Cabernet Franc
Region: Loudoun County, VA
Country: USA
Year: 2010
Price: $29.99
Wine Critic Review:  This wine is medium bodied with characters of allspice, berry fruit, herbs, and caramel.
My Review: I did not enjoy this wine.  It tasted of stale grape, musty, dusty, and almost moldy.  It was a hot finish and I could taste blueberry, sweet raspberry, and hints of dark fruit.  I think this wine was too old and did not age very well.  It's taste improved as it warmed up to room temperature and became less hot and more flavorful, but it is still not my favorite.  I drank this wine with a pasta dish with tomato sauce, and it was not a great complement to the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment