Thursday, May 1, 2014

Tasting- Juliet Primo Amore


Name: Juliet Primo Amore
Variety: Sparkling wine make with a blend of Garganega & Moscato grapes
Region: Frizzante
Country: Italy
Year: no vintage
Price: $5.95 (on sale)
Wine Critic Review: This white wine is semi-dry with light citrus fruit flavors, a pleasantly tart mid-palate and a crisp finish.  This wine would work very well as a pre-dinner aperitif or as a dessert wine.  There were nice aromas of apple and flowers on the nose.  Flavors of pear, apple, and peach kept this wine from being too sweet.  This wine would be a perfect partner for fruit-based desserts, simple biscuits, or on its own.
My Review:  This was a very pleasant sparkling wine.  I did not pick up much on the nose except for a little tartness and citrus.  It was light, tart, and bubbly at the first taste.  I could definitely taste peach and also picked up hints of lime on the flavor.  However, I did not taste the apple that was suggested by the wine critic review.  It was very refreshing and worked well on its own.  I did not eat any food with this wine.  This is definitely a good purchase that I will look for again!

No comments:

Post a Comment