Friday, May 2, 2014

Tasting- Martini & Rossi Rosato Vermouth


Name: Martini & Rossi Rosato Vermouth
Variety: Vermouth
Region: Hierarchy
Country: Italy
Year: non-vintage
Price: $7.95
Wine Critic Review: This fresh and fruity Vermouth has a unique taste that comes from the mixing of several aromatic herbs with subtle pomegranate, raspberry, cinnamon, and lemon flavors.
My Review: This was a really interesting wine.  The nose reminded me of fruit cough syrups and came across as very sweet.  It tasted strongly of sweet cherry and was very spicy. I could pick up strong notes of spice, particularly cinnamon.  It tasted like hot cinnamon candies and was very syrupy and overwhelmingly sweet.  I could not taste any of the lemon or raspberry mentioned in the wine critic's review.  It was interesting, but not something I would ever buy to drink on its own.  I think it would work much better as a mixer for a cocktail.  It was not my favorite wine I have had from the Vintage Cellar.  I did not eat any food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment