Thursday, May 1, 2014

Tasting- Pascual Toso Sauvignon Blanc


Name: Pascual Toso Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Barrancas
Country: Argentina
Year: 2009
Price: $6.95 (on sale)
Wine Critic Review: This Sauvignon Blanc has good acidity balanced by a degree of softness.  It is full bodied with a sweet finish.  It is light, straw green in color and has aromas of herbs with hints of tropical fruits such as lemon, coconut, and melon.  This wine is light enough to be enjoyed on its own or can be paired with pasta, seafood, salads, or vegetarian dishes.
My Review: This wine had a surprisingly sweet nose, I could pick up hints of fruit and sweet strawberry.  It had a light flavor and was not sweet at the first taste, compared to what I was expecting after the nose.  I could definitely taste sour lemon, it was very tart but still pleasant.  I was not able to pick up as much of the tropical fruit flavor that the wine critic review mentioned.  This wine was ok, I think it would have tasted better if it was paired with food.  I did not eat anything while drinking this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment