Friday, May 2, 2014

Tasting- Valle Reale Cerasuolo D'abruzzo Rose


Name: Valle Reale Cerasuolo D'abruzzo Rose
Variety: Montepulcian Rose
Region: Cerasuolo d'Abruzzo DOC
Country: Italy
Price: $7.95 (on sale)
Year: 2011
Wine Critic Review: This wine is medium dry.  It has a beautiful intense pink color with perfumes of wild cherries and Bon-Bons.  It tastes of strawberry jam and wild herbs with a wonderfully fresh background.
My Review: This wine had a very sweet nose.  It tasted light and extremely tart with strong fruit flavor.  I could taste strawberry and sour raspberry.  Most interestingly, I could taste that musty, moldy, earthy taste that sometimes accompanies old raspberries.  This wine was ok on its own, I think it would have been better with food because it is so tart and dry.  I did not eat any food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment