Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tasting- Barefoot Moscato


Name: Barefoot Moscato
Variety: White Wine
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2013
Price: $6.99
Wine Critic Review: This is a sweet wine with delicious mouth-watering flavors of juicy peach and apricot.  Hints of lemon and orange citrus complement a crisp refreshing finish.
My Review: My first taste of this wine was very sweet, tangy, and reminded me of citrus and raspberries.  The first few tastes almost had a little bit of a sour tinge to it.  I could pick up on the citrus tastes but did not get any peach or apricot from this wine.  I drank this wine while eating chocolate and the food made it taste fuller and less tangy and acidic.  The sweet flavor came out more and complimented the dessert.  This is a very smooth wine that goes well with light appetizers and desserts, and I would recommend it to someone who has never tried wine before.


No comments:

Post a Comment