Friday, February 14, 2014

Tasting- Barefoot Chardonnay


Name: Barefoot Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2013
Price: $6.99
Wine Critic Review: Barefoot Chardonnay is a delightful wine with tempting flavors of green apple and peaches. Hints of honey and vanilla enhance the buttery finish. Barefoot Chardonnay is perfect with seafood, poultry, fresh fruits, white pasta sauces, and mild cheeses.
My Review: My first taste of this wine was a little bitter, tart, and lacking a lot of flavor.  With later tastes I could taste pear and hints of apple, very little fruit flavor.  I drank this wine with a pasta meal, which made it taste fuller bodied, sweeter, and less acidic.  It did not overpower the food and was a good choice with dinner.  Overall I did not really enjoy this wine, and will try a different brand of chardonnay in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment